The Richland County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Richland Newhope) welcomes volunteers. Volunteers supplement the efforts of paid staff by helping individuals with developmental disabilities realize their full potential for living, working and participating in the community.
Volunteers can serve in a variety of ways:
- Preschool classroom activities
- Self-help activities (feeding, communication, mobility)
- Community life skills training (shopping, homemaking, accessing public transportation)
- Office assistance
- Special events and field trip assistance
- Special friend (visiting and socializing)
- Volunteer advocate
- Making/repairing adaptive equipment
Interested in volunteering?
Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older and are required to complete a volunteer application and liability waiver. Applications/waivers for anyone under the age of 18 must be signed by a parent or guardian. Those who are 18 years of age and older must also undergo background checks. Richland Newhope provides orientation/training and staff supervision. The position of driver requires additional training, a valid license, and insurance.
Anyone interested in becoming a Richland Newhope volunteer should call 419-774-4214 or 419-774-4215. Applications and liability waivers should be mailed to Richland Newhope Community Education, 314 Cleveland Ave., Mansfield, 44902. You can also send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.